What is Elite Social Login?
Elite Social Login is a type of single sign-on that allows users to register or login to any Shopify Store using any social networking platforms like Discord, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Apple any many more. Users can securely log into any store without needing to remember their login and password by using Elite Social Login.
Why should my Shopify store use Facebook Social Login/Facebook Sign In (Facebook SSO)?
Integrating Facebook social login on your Shopify store has a lot of benefits. When users come to your store they can start using it in seconds. They will not have to fill up any forms or remember another set of credentials. They can just log in with a single click using Facebook social login. All the users you get on your store and their data will already be verified by the social provider in this case Facebook. You can be assured that your user data is authentic as the login process consisting of authentication and authorization will be done on Facebook side. This also makes things easier for the store administrator as they don’t have to deal with managing user accounts and forgotten passwords.
Steps to configure Facebook application into Shopify using OAuth 2.0 Protocol
Shopify Facebook Social Login or Facebook Single Sign-On (SSO) for Shopify can be achieved by using our Elite Social Login application. We’ll look at the simplest method for integrating Facebook login into your Shopify Store in the following guide.
Step 1: Configure Facebook developer app
To set up a Facebook login in Shopify, follow the steps listed below.
- First of all, Go to facebook developers account developers.facebook.com/apps and Login/Signup with your account, and click on Create app.
- Select Allow people to log in with their Facebook account option and click on Next
- Enter an app name and click on Create app.
- In the left menu Under Build your app section click on App Settings and select Basic
- In the left menu Under Build your app section click on Use Cases and select Customize option in Authentication and account creation section.
- Now Under Facebook Login Section click on Go to settings
- Enter “https://shop.elitecontrivers.com/oauth/callback/facebook” under Valid OAuth Redirect URIs option as shown below and click on Save changes.
- From top breadcrumbs click on Use cases
- In the left menu Under Build your app section click on App Settings and select Basic and copy App ID and App Secret
Step 2: Set credentials in Elite Social Login application
- Go to Elite Social Login Application and click on Facebook application.
- Here is the link to the application’s free download in case you haven’t done so already.
- Paste the copied values in the provided field for Application ID and Application Secret, and Enter Scope as email, public_profile and Click on Test Configuration.
- Now Your Application is set up and verified successful.
- Now enable the Facebook Configuration checkbox and click on Save button.
- To customize the enabled Social icons click on Customized Icon Tab
How can I enable the visibility of the Facebook login button on my Shopify Store?
Once the application is activated by default the Facebook login button will appear on Shopify default login page but If you want to Add Facebook login icons on your custom login/registration page of your store, you can use the shortcode [ec_oauth_login]. This allows you to show all the applications configured on your custom form like Login with Facebook.
- Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are seeking for something and can’t find it here.