What is Elite Social Login?
Elite Social Login is a type of single sign-on that allows users to register or login to any Shopify Store using any social networking platforms like Discord, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Apple any many more. Users can securely log into any store without needing to remember their login and password by using Elite Social Login.
Why should my Shopify store use Yahoo Social Login/Yahoo Sign In (Yahoo SSO)?
Integrating Yahoo social login on your Shopify store has a lot of benefits. When users come to your store they can start using it in seconds. They will not have to fill up any forms or remember another set of credentials. They can just log in with a single click using Yahoo social login. All the users you get on your store and their data will already be verified by the social provider in this case Yahoo. You can be assured that your user data is authentic as the login process consisting of authentication and authorization will be done on Yahoo side. This also makes things easier for the store administrator as they don’t have to deal with managing user accounts and forgotten passwords.
Steps to configure Yahoo application into Shopify using OAuth 2.0 Protocol
Shopify Yahoo Social Login or Yahoo Single Sign-On (SSO) for Shopify can be achieved by using our Elite Social Login application. We’ll look at the simplest method for integrating Yahoo login into your Shopify Store in the following guide.
Step 1: Configure Yahoo developer app
To set up a Yahoo login in WordPress, follow the steps listed below.
- First of all, Go to Yahoo developers account developer.yahoo.com and Login/Signup with your account, and click on Apps.
- Click on Create an App button
- Enter Application Name, Description, Homepage URL and “https://shop.elitecontrivers.com/oauth/callback/yahoo” in Redirect URI(s) and Check OpenID Connect Permissions, then check on Profile option and click on Create App.
- Copy Client ID and Client Secret
Step 2: Set credentials in Elite Social Login application
- Go to Elite Social Login Application and click on Yahoo application.
- Here is the link to the application’s free download in case you haven’t done so already.
- Paste the copied values in the provided field for Application ID and Application Secret, and Enter Scope as “email openid” and Click on Test Configuration.
- Now Your Application is set up and verified successful.
- Now enable the Yahoo Configuration checkbox and click on Save button.
- To customize the enabled Social icons click on Customized Icon Tab
How can I enable the visibility of the Yahoo login button on my WordPress website?
Once the application is activated by default the Yahoo login button will appear on WordPress default login page but If you want to Add Yahoo login icons on your custom login/registration page of your websites, you can use the shortcode [ec_oauth_login]. This allows you to show all the applications configured on your custom form like Login with Yahoo.
- Please send us an email at email@example.com if you are seeking for something and can’t find it here.